TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Barmuta, Mike
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:06:26 -0700
Kaye: We had built a go/no go hook tester for laminate back in the late 70's
but it never worked reliably. I don't know of a functional test you can run
on the bare board to determine hook.

Like I said before, you may have under cured, under polymerized laminate
producing the signal alteration effects you are seeing but I doubt it is
truly hook. Especially if the design has worked successfully in the past.

Did these boards come with a certificate of compliance (CoC) listing
stack-up and material? Although a CoC cannot guarantee that nothing is
different at least it's a start. You can also crossection the board and look
to see if the stack-up is correct. If you don't have the capability to do
this most independent testing labs that deal with electronics can do this
for you.

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Fluke Corp.