TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:05:28 -0400
Gerard,
I just try to point out the danger of using "off the shelf" data to justify
reliability without testing.... (a rather few is doing that and pay dearly
in the past).  The top 5 sure have no problem (even better, the test coupon
normally provided by the bath selling vendor have better results than the
user... due to proper optimization.  The user sometimes are limited due to
all kind of restriction, test, monitoring equipment, etc.etc).
By the way, I totally agree to use membrane material as lower design limit.
I always prefer to see the things degraded upon aging in front of my eyes,
rather than open up boxes with probe in hand (not to say it is a lot more
fun to use probe--- if nobody breath down to your neck for fast FA).
By the way, does IG got special quality test method by IPC?  something like
steam test of solderability for flash gold or gel method for porosity test
of plated gold?  Thanks in advance.
                           jk