TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
Afri Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Afri Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:32:26 -0400
Dear all
While we are on this subject .  I have noticed a few shops still use the
Microplate line to plate tabs.

These lines have both a soft gold strike followed by a hard gold

How much of gold are we applying on such lines?

The boards have to be taped (masked) and we still get the some chemicals
getting under the barrier and attacking the mask.
What causes this?  I was told it is the peroxide based stripper used to
remove the Sn/Pb or Sn

Thanking you