TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:58:02 -0700
Hi Ingemar, I covered the nickel layer in an earlier email. It is used to
eliminate termination leaching of PdAg feared by manufacturing engineers
and only present is poorly controlled wave soldering. This is a case where
looks wins out over need. Additionally copper oxidizes rapidly and there
was no future for cap companies to sell technical benefits of a copper only
termination.

John