TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:45:06 +0300
Sweeping- and multi-frequency systems do not eliminate the problem,
although they reduce the time that the resonance occurs; consequently,
the makers claim that the weakening of the bonds is lessened.

This would seem logical. I have not studied the structural strength of
the bonds, but I feel that even a short exposure to resonance could
work-harden the ends of the wire causing embrittlement. Perhaps a
metallurgist could advise?

My feeling is that it would be safer to apply the precautionary
principle until scientific studies prove the contrary.

Brian