TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
Harold Kittel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:24:09 -0600
Vladimir,

Could you elaborate on this "Brittle Fracture" problem or possibly give some
references for me to investigate?  I have heard bits & pieces but not seen
any kind of a report.  I know Sandia Labs refers to "return of the Au" where
supposedly the gold initially dissolved into the solder diffuses back into
the solder/nickel interface to form an IMC layer.

Thanks,
Jim Kittel
L-3 Communications