TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
"Tordahl, Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tordahl, Edward
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:54:47 -0400
Long Island Chapter of the IPC Designers Council

The month of April will be very industrious for our Chapter. We will have our normal scheduled meeting and "two full days of Workshops".

Jim Collotti will be our guest at the scheduled meeting on the night of Thursday the 21st and will talk about his IEEE presentation "Analog, RF & EMC Considerations in Printed Wiring Board Design". Recent advances in digital and analog technologies have presented new challenges to the design of Printed Wiring Boards (PWBs). As clock frequencies approach the L-Band region, digital designers are now faced with considerations that were once only viewed as analog/RF concerns. These considerations include dielectric loss, skin effects and impedance matching. High dynamic range analog components also present unique challenges concerning noise immunity and stability. The presentation covers PWB material selection, signal integrity, power distribution and grounding. Jim is a recognized in his field as an expert, and he's also great to work with. This is going to be one great seminar, so don't miss out

The following 2-days, Rick Hartley of Hartley Enterprises, will conduct 3 of his well known Sessions on the 22nd and 23rd. He is a recognized expert in many areas such as, high speed design, RF microwave design, and embedded passives design. He usually limits these kinds of presentations to IPC type forums like the PCB East & West shows.

The first day will be on "EMI Control". The next day (Saturday), will be "Designing with Embedded Passives" and "RF Microwave PCB Design". Each of the Workshops can be attended by members and guests at a much discounted price do to our Chapters past endeavors.

Normally it would cost about $1,200 for the same seminar at a major event, however, we are able provide all three for a charge of $200.00 for Designer Council members and similar savings for non-members.

During the last few years no other Design Council Chapter nation-wide has had more technical presentations/seminars. These technical presentations/seminars have always been given by recognized experts/leaders in their fields.

For additional information regarding the Workshop, contact either;

Bill Gillespie; [log in to unmask]
Joseph Giardina; [log in to unmask]

We welcome all those with an interest to share and learn. Our Web Site is being updated to contain additional information about our group and can provide additional contact information. It also contains links to news and information such as our Newsletter. If you are interested in being included in our e-mail distribution list, contact Ron Ryan at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a short summary describing your background and interest.

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain proprietary or export restricted information. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized transferee, use or dissemination is prohibited. Please delete and notify sender.