LEADFREE Archives

March 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:40:21 +0100
Placed on the market is defined in the EU bluebook but basically means

the first time the product becomes available to procure.

So it really depends on how fast your product line moves from mfr to

point of sale.

Agreeably for many, the date code which many must already be applying

during manufacture is probably the easiest date to work with.

For those who have finished product sitting in storage for long periods

before it goes to shops/distributors etc. they may need to assess how to

handle it.

At the transition point (notionally 13 Aug 05) there is going to be a

grey period which must be generally accepted as with previous

directives. If you have taken reasonable and practicable steps to

achieve due diligence then I wouldn't worry unduly.

If you produce a zillion units and slap the wrong date on so they appear

as "historic WEEE" when they should have been declared WEEE then expect

to get your wrists slapped.

Regards,

Chris