TECHNET Archives

February 2005

From:
Cheryl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Cheryl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:22:42 -0700
We have chosen immersion gold as our finish of choice (high volume disk
drive manufacturer) and have seen no cost impact.  We use osp only if we
have to (flip chip on flex).  While immersion tin and silver may be
improving, we were not happy with the shelf life/discoloration issues we
encountered in past years.  Gold works, same costs in volume - don't fix it.

Sincerely,
Cheryl Johnson, C.I.D.+
Manager
ExcelStor US Office, Engineering Services
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: (303) 684-7291
Fax: (303) 684-7268
Mobile: (303) 809-5815