TECHNET Archives

February 2005

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:46:39 +0000
Chris

If your customer says they NEED this information, don't you suppose they
have good reason? Keep-in-mind that the customer is always right.

Your comment that IC and SIR are the only "practical" tests will be proven
by running these tests - and when you do, and they (may/may-not) fail what
then?

SIR will inform you if the product might be reliable - it will NOT inform
you what might be the cause of any failure.

IC will inform you what is on the assembly, but it will not inform you if
the end product will be reliable.

Now then, is your product high rel? Will people die if it fails? Will your
company go out of business if it fails?

I would recommend that you do the tests as required - and the SIR will be
the first indicator - IMHO!

Hope this helps
--
Regards Graham Naisbitt

Golf quote of the week: Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. What
child does not grasp the pleasure principle of miniature golf? Just how
child-like golfers become, is proven by their frequent inability to count
past 5.

Concoat Limited - Engineering Reliability in Electronics
A British Manufacturer

NEW WEB SITE: www.concoat.co.uk :NEW WEB SITE

Cell: 079 6858 2121
Office: +44 (0)1252 813706