TECHNET Archives

February 2005

From:
Terry Kozlyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Terry Kozlyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:04:37 -0700
There was a lengthy discussion within the past year. Very interesting.

1 pro; makes the thru hole barrel stronger as there is more copper for the
plate thru process to hang on to.

1 con: more copper for drill to hit so dulls the drill faster.

This series of threads will be good too. It sound to me at the time that one
can't conclude yes or no. This may be an issue where some designs may be
better to have non-functional pads while others may be better off without
it.

As usual, great having e-mail discussions to make all participants better
versed.

Regards
TDK