LEADFREE Archives

February 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Anderson, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:51:08 -0500
RoHS states -

Article 2 item 3. This Directive does not apply to spare parts for the
repair,
or to the reuse, of electrical and electronic equipment put on
the market before 1 July 2006.

So the electronics being resold as used should be exempt from RoHS, but most
likely not exempt from reclamation under WEEE.

But, I'd:

1 - want a legal opinion
2 - would like to know if it was remanufactured outside the EU can it be
shipped back in???

Cheers?

Dick Anderson - 978-442-5165