DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
JaMi Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:16:39 -0800
Joe,

By Protel, I am assumming Protel 99 SE, and Possibly the older Protel 98, or newer
DXP.

In any event, if you haven't already (I haven't seen your name in any of the
forums), you need to join the PEDA forum at:

   ===> http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/index.html

Which is an absolutely excellent ongoing discussion of all things Protel, and which
covers all facetts of PCB Design.

Just monitoring such a listserver forum will answer most of your questions, and if
you ever have any specific questions, then just ask, and you will probably get
several answers within a few hours.

I would even suggest looking thru the archive of the above forum.

There are also a few forums conducted by Altium themselves for the newer version of
Protel such as DXP and also P-CAD, and these can  be accessed by the Protel website
by looking under the Protel Community area.

There is also a Yahoo Group that has a smaller circulation, but is still a source of
answers, and they can be accessed at :

Generally these software specific forums get into the nuts and bolts kind of
questions that you might be interested in, and they they can answer many of you
questions, sometimes even before you ask them.

You might even consider looking at other software forums, such as the PADs forum at:

   ===> [log in to unmask]  (please note that the this email will probably
bounce, but
                                                          will probably direct you
to the right plave to join).

Which is also a very active forum that covers a lot of territory in terms of how to
do things in the world of PCB Design.

Hopefully some of these above resources will be of help to you.

JaMi