TECHNET Archives

January 2005

From:
Eric Bonatti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Eric Bonatti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:01:31 -0500
Mike,
in my opinion it is not an acceptable practice to bend a rigid
(non-flex) assembly into a mounting position with any amount of
deflection.  From what I understand the deflection is 1/2 inch over 6"
length.
I would definitely recommend a different solution, perhaps a flex with
strategically placed stiffeners.

Regards,

Eric Bonatti, C.I.D.
PCB Designer