TECHNET Archives

January 2005

From:
Scott Nimon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Scott Nimon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:09:10 -0500
DC members,

I have encountered a patent which any through-hole land patterns with an
annular ring of >0.4mm and used for lead-free soldering is in violation
of.  We have used 0.4mm as our standard annular ring for all
through-hole devices with  hole sizes greater than 1.6mm for years.  A
link to the patent is provided below.  Are there any IPC documents I can
use to invalidate this patent?  Any suggestions or comments will be
welcomed.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL
&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,617,529.WKU.&OS=PN/6,617,
529&RS=PN/6,617,529

Scott Nimon

Yazaki North America

6801 Haggerty Road

Mail Stop:  2229E

Canton, MI 48187

Phone:  734-983-2630

Fax:  734-983-2631

Yazaki North America, Inc. - Confidentiality Notice

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, distribution, reliance on, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it and all copies of it from your system. Thank you.