TECHNET Archives

January 2005

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:06:22 -0500
Hello Edward

How many wires?  As many as the designer, assembler, and customer, will
agree to.  There isn't a spec limit that I'm aware of.  More often it's
a question of cost of installing jumpers vs cost of re-design.
Reliability should not be a big factor, although obviously more hand
assembly leads to more opportunities for error.

regards,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
L-3 Communications Electronic Systems Inc.
Halifax
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/28/05 12:37PM >>>
All,
I have been tasked with trying to find out if there is a limitation on
the number of jumper wires permitted on a class 3 PCB assembly. I've
looked @ 610 and 7711 and 7721 and can't find anything. I would be
grateful for any direction anyone can give me on this.
Thanks,
Edward S. Tordahl, CID+,  MCSE
Principal Designer, PADS PWB
CSD, Telephonics Corp
815 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735
voice : 631.755.7752
fax : 631.755.7278
email: [log in to unmask]

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain proprietary or export
restricted information. If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized transferee, use or dissemination is prohibited. Please delete
and notify sender.

in
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site