DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:53:48 -0800
From: Brooks,Bill
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: SDDC - newsletter

Hi folks,

Happy New year!

I thought I should drop you a line and keep you up to date...

Currently we are looking for suggestions for our next meeting... If you have
any recommendations for subject matter or know a favorite speaker you would
like us to invite to our meeting please e-mail me.

Also, we have two major events coming up this spring, IPC
EXPO/APEX/Designers Summit Feb 20-27 and PCBWEST March 7-11...

http://www.goipcshows.org/ <http://www.goipcshows.org/>

http://www.pcbwest.com/ <http://www.pcbwest.com/>

3) And the Del Mar Electronics show is this spring April 27,28. You won't
want to miss that.

http://www.vts.com/delmar/ <http://www.vts.com/delmar/>

4) Job Opening - - -

Here is a Mentor design job posting in San Diego...

Design Engineer Opportunity- San Diego

A Technically Enabled Manufacturing Services 'TEMS' company that designs and
manufactures large, complex infrastructure products for OEM's in the
communications, large enterprise hardware and Internet markets is looking
for a Design Engineer. The company offers an intimate work environment where
you can make a difference. Have your voice heard and be part of something
dynamic! Work with R&D on new product development! Drive custom projects
starting with customer specs through to finished manufactured product! Enjoy
designing without being bogged down with excessive paperwork! Collaborate
with global design partners in UK & China.

Job Requirements:

*       Design a wide variety of PCB boards. Primarily backplanes but some
active circuit board layout will be required.
*       Design will be from initial customer specification through to
finished manufacturing documentation.
*       Ensure that mechanical interfaces, primary and secondary power
distribution, safety, applicable approvals (EN60950, CE, etc.), EMC,
impedance, crosstalk and test are considered on every design.
*       Ensure that design related documents are fully recorded and
accurate.
*       Good communication skills with both internal and external customers.
*       Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes and Internet
skills.

Specific areas of expertise required:

*       Must be proficient with Mentor Graphics (using 2001, will upgrade to
2004 soon). Fully conversant with all aspects of Mentor tools (Design
architect, Librarian and Boardstation). Expedition is not considered
equivalent to Boardstation.
*       Fully conversant with all aspects of PCB design. The job will
involve schematic capture, board layout and generation of full manufacturing
package including drawings and BOM.
*       Highspeed board layout, particularly differential signaling.
*       Familiarity with both PCB fab. and assembly would be preferred.

Must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment. The
position requires a BSEE and/or BSCS (or equivalent combination of
experience and education) and 5 years related experience with increased
responsibility. Some travel will be required.

The selected candidate will join a successful, dynamic, and growing
corporation. We offer a supportive work environment with a competitive
salary and benefits package.

Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to forward their resume with
salary requirements to:

Eden Higgins

877-850-6959

Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2005! (Don't forget to send me your
suggestions... )

Cheers!

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com <http://www.dtwc.com>
http://pcbwizards.com <http://pcbwizards.com>