DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:37:40 -0800
Hi Greg,

I'm sorry I don't have a copy of IPC-6012B. Just IPC-6012A.

But in general I would expect that if you wish to deviate from the standard
you must specify it on the drawing, including the specific exclusions or
optional exceptions.

Also you must specify the requirements in such a way as to not have them be
ambiguous or misinterpreted. I have not seen the list of exceptions but
maybe someone who has the latest copy of the spec can review them with us
and you can make a determination as to what level of documentation is
required. Then the manufacturer can easily read down the specification
'tree' in the document and determine exactly what you require for your board
to meet spec.

Best regards,

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com
http://pcbwizards.com