TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
"Reeves, Tim R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Reeves, Tim R.
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:42:32 -0500
I believe Hitachi makes a halogen-free no-flow prepreg.

I also understand that standard FR-4 no-flow prepregs *will* meet the RoHS
requirements at least for now.
I.e. they don't have to be halogen free, they just can't contain
polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) or polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) -
they *can* contain the ordinary bromine-containing flame retardant in FR-4
which is tetrabromo-bisphenol A (TBBPA) - and of course they can't contain
lead, mercury or cadmium.

Regards,

Tim Reeves
Process Engineer
Tyco Electronics | Printed Circuit Group | Dallas Division
503.623.1000 Ext.1120