TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:04:54 +0700
Joseph,

This is a forum to ask questions and get informed advice from those willing to share there own experience, not for political discussions. But since you brought it up..............

While I am not a big fan of politics, in general, and believe that things should and can be done better, I do not tolerate misinformation.  You state that the President Bush or the US Government is spending millions for the inauguration. Not true. Go to the inauguration site and see who is paying for this. A list of the major contributors who have given to date $7,885,000 follows. Yeah, they probably expect something for their money, but until we put controls on TV time, all politics will be about MONEY. Its okay by me if you want to organize protests against these people, but President Bush does not have the authority to give this money to the relief effort. Oh, since you forgot your social studies class, all appropriations bills must start in the House of Representatives, not the Executive Office.

Major Donor Information
GMAC, Horsham, PA, $100,000
Exxon Mobil Corporation, Washington, DC, $250,000
Kojaian Ventures, LLC, Bloomfield Hill, MI, $250,000
Nuclear Energy Institute, Washington, DC, $100,000
Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Los Angeles, CA, $250,000
S. Davis Phillips, High Point, NC, $250,000
Al Hoffman, Jr. Trust, Fort Myers, FL, $100,000
Rooney Holdings, Inc., Tulsa, OK, $250,000
Altria Corporate Services, Inc., New York, NY, $250,000
Tom Benson, Metairie, LA, $50,000
Bensco, Inc., Metairie, LA, $100,000
Benson Football, MetairieLA, LA, $100,000
Sallie Mae, Inc., Reston, VA, $250,000
Stephens Group, Inc., Little Rock, AR, $250,000
United Technologies Corporation, Hartford, CT, $250,000
Elliott Broidy, Los Angeles, CA, $250,000
Dwight Schar, McLean, VA, $100,000
International Paper Company, Memphis, TN, $100,000
Jack Overstreet, Englewood, CO, $100,000
Jeffrey Marcus, Dallas, TX, $100,000
JM Family Enterprises, Inc., Deerfield Beach, FL, $25,000
Michael Dell, Austin, TX, $250,000
Southern Company, Atlanta, GA, $250,000
Boone Pickens, Dallas, TX, $250000
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Los Angeles, CA, $100,000
Richard Kinder, Houston, TX, $250,000
American Bankers Association, Washington, DC, $25,000
Bill G. Hartley, Tyler, TX, $25,000
Corporate Capital, LLC, New Orleans, LA, $250,000
Independent Community Bankers of America, Washington, DC, $100,000
Union Pacific Corporation, Washington, DC, $100,000
Argent Mortgage Company, Orange, CA, $250,000
Ameriquest Capital Corporation, Orange, CA, $250,000
Long Beach Acceptance Corp., Paramus, NJ, $250,000
Town and Country Credit, Irvine, CA, $250,000
Waite, Schneider, Bayless & Chesley LPA, Cincinnati, OH, $10,000
Andrew Taylor, St. Louis, MO, $100,000
Ilene L. Flaum, Rochester, NY, $100,000
John W. Childs, Boston, MA, $100,000
Thomas F. Petway, III, Jacksonville, FL, $100,000
Pilot Corporation, Knoxville, TN, $50,000
James A. Haslam, II, Knoxville, TN, $50,000
CheveronTexaco, Concord, CA, $250,000
Golden Eagle Industries, Inc., Charlotte, NC, $250,000
Linger Longer Development Co., Greensboro, GA, $100,000
Qualcomm Incorporated, San Diego, CA, $100,000
The Boeing Company, Arlington, VA, $100,000
Bradford M. Freeman, Los Angeles, CA, $100,000
Frank Baxter, Los Angeles, CA, $100,000
Lawrence Auriana, Greenwich, CT, $100,000
Robin Arkley, Eureka, CA, $100,000
Valhi, Inc., Dallas, TX, $100,000
* UPDATED AS OF THURSDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2004

Happy New Year,
Steve Mikell

Mantz, Joseph" <[log in to unmask] wrote