TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:52:54 +0000
The problem you have is too higher air flow, turn the air flow down and you
will not blow the chips off the board. 0201 and even 01005 parts can be
removed and the replaced with hot air.

Bob Willis

On 12/2/2004, "Le Ai Quoc" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi technetters,
>Good morning!
>Who among you here know how to use portable hot air rework method to repair
>chip 0201 (0603mm). We use this equipment with non-flux solder wire.
>We have some misalignment, tombstone at this chip and need to replace with
>the new part. We had a portable hot air made by Hakko but to do this job,
>actually it is very difficult. Normally, chip is blown away or solder wire
>added to the electrode is too much.
>What is the temperature profile for this chip? Because w/o profile, we
don't
>know the setting of temperature and hot air volume for this part when
>reworked.
>Thanks so much for your instruction,
>Best regards,
>Quoc