TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
Roger Tingler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Roger Tingler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:05:30 -0600
Steve,

Lets break down your requirements,

IPC-4562/7 CU W7-14DSS3
Your Requirement

/X is the specification sheet number                                      /7
Annealed- Wrought
                                                                                    With the property requirements
Foil Metal
CU-Copper Foil
Foil Type                                                                                 W-Wrought (rolled)
Foil Grade                                                                       7-Annealed-Wrought
Foil Thickness                                                       14-14
oz (Yes that’s right 14oz or

18.90 Nominal Thickness)
Bond Enhancement treatment
D-Double-Sided bond enhancement
Foil Profile                                                                    SS-Standard Profile both sides
Quality Classification                                                   3-
Self Explanatory

I believe the 14oz layers appear to be thermal planes with epoxy fill
reliefs prior to lamination. There are several board shops that can
manufacture your product. Unfortunately, the issue will be certifying the 14
oz copper to the IPC-4562,  most copper vendors that manufacture copper
foils above 10 oz certifies to the ASTM B-152 Standard Specification for
Copper Sheet, Strip, Plate and Rolled Bar and not to the IPC-4562

Hope This Helps !

What part of North Carolina are you flying home to?

Roger Tingler
Methods Engineer
Colonial Circuits
V:800-578-9602 x102