TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
Pete menuez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pete menuez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:42:12 -0500
Burned copper (plating too fast) will also cause a granular/nodular
appearance.  Typically you'll see burned copper at high current density
areas but you can burn the entire copper surface.  High current density
areas are areas toward the outside of the panel (which you probably won't be
able to ascertain), isolated traces, the inside edge of the plated through
hole.

At some point burned copper should be rejectable but I honestly don't know
how to quantify it.

Can/would  any of the other Technetters offer comments on this?