TECHNET Archives

December 2004

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:17:40 -0500
Hi Chris!

I have a question; Why isn't the battery industry pursued with the same vigor as the electronics industry is, to ban their use of lead? After all, their total use of lead dwarfs the electronics industry by many orders of magnitude...and don't say because batteries are always recycled. We all know that isn't true.

Ryan Grant said it best when he said that he has his solder paste vendor color his Lead-free tubes green because it makes you sick that lead-free is touted as environmentally
friendly...I couldn't agree more.

ANYBODY, I mean ANYBODY that believes the environment is going to better off once the electronics industry bans the use of lead...well, all I can say is; I have some ocean-front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you...

-Steve Gregory-