DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:10:22 -0800
Oh... an unpopulated physical board?

Send it out to the manufacturer and they can give you a list of nets, based
on the copper pads... but If its multilayer... you will have a real
challenge on your hands deciphering it.

I have had a machinist remove layers of the board to be able to see the
connections on inner layers ... It's going to be expensive and tedious...
Good luck... I don't envy you...

Possibly you could get the board house to provide you with xrays of the
board... that might help.

Best regards,

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com
http://pcbwizards.com