TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Lee Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:29:25 -0500
Paul

The parameter that is most important in this case is Td. Most laminate
suppliers are now stating this value for their products. In general
terms it is the temperature at which 5% of the material will dissipates
and there is an IPC test method for this measurement. As to what Td is
required for your lead free process an evaluation will most likely be
required or you can simply select a high value, 360 C, and be reasonably
assured their will be no decomposition during the process.

Best regards

Lee