TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Gerard O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gerard O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:51:39 -0500
Scot - take a look at the draft document 4553 - I Ag specification. We are
saying in that document that I Ag will have 12 months shelf life.
Solderability is excellent for I Ag and based on our costs at Photocircuits
Corporation it is most definitely less expensive than ENIG. We are in the
process of finalizing the technical paper to justify this specification. In
it I tested five different I Ag suppliers in real time without protecting
the finish. After day 763, the I Ag test strip if covered by another test
strip produces positive wetting, wetting times under 2 seconds and does not
show any signs of dewetting, if the test strip was unprotected then it
fails, only to be expected, but after 763 DAYS!.

Regards

Gerard O'Brien
Co-chairman 4-14 plating committee
Photocircuits Corporation