TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:45:51 +0200
The quick answer is CYS (change your supplier).

I don't go with the "erupting via" theory because the second photo shows
the "contamination" well away from any via. The appearance of the
soldermask is execrable, in any case. I suspect that the mask material
may be to blame, with incomplete cross-linking.

A chemical analysis is needed before any conclusions can be drawn. In
the meanwhile, return the goods to your supplier for replacement,
because it may be doubtful whether they are usable. Then CYS.

Brian