TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Daan Terstegge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:12:31 +0100
Hi Yordan,

The files that you get WILL have faults from time to time. The key is to
make good agreements with your customer how to deal with these issues. For
example you could agree that the BOM is the leading document no matter what
the p&p data say. And it doesn't really matter who is responsible, as long
as you have mutually decided on it, and the extra costs are covered.
B.T.W. to ease the process of comparing BOM and centroid file (assuming both
are in delimited ASCII format) my program SMT-Maestro may be of help to you.
Among other things it can combine the two files and export a list of parts
that's on the BOM and not in the centroid file, and vice versa. A free trial
is available from my website, so please check it out.

Regards,

Daan Terstegge
http://www.smtinfo.net