TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Yordan Venev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:11:35 +0200
Hi!
As a contract manufacturer we have to deal with various products designed
with different CAD programs. Due to this fact we are not able to generate
all the data we need for preparation of the PCB (SMD) assembling - e.g.
Pick&Place file. We receive from the customers BOM and mounting plan they
are convinced that should do (many of the don't have previous experience
with automatic assembling). We ask the customer to submit the Pick&Place
file and ... there comes the problem - the data are not always correct.
There were lots of cases when some components value in P&P differs from the
ones in BOM and even there are wrong reference positions. Since we are not
being informed about that, we usually find out about the difference at the
P&P equipment programming stage. Due to that we were forced either to
perform false/true check of both P&P and BOM files or even component by
component manual check BOM>mounting plan>P&P file.

My questions are:

1. Based on the good practice is it appropriate to insist for complete,
correct and checked P&P (and all other data) files?
2. Who is expected to be responsible for any mismatch in the documentation?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!
Best regards,
Yordan Venev
Manufacturing Manager
CENTILLION LTD.
7-th km Tzarigradsko shosse Blvd.
ATM Center
1784 Sofia, BULGARIA
Tel. :(+359 2) 974 47 51, 965 84 95, 965 58 85
Fax :(+359 2) 974 47 52
mail to: [log in to unmask]
www.centillion-bg.com