TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wenger, George M.
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:39:19 -0500
Eric,

Our internal specification is 2 to 20 microinches.  We've tested IAg successfully to 45 microinches.  We routinely get boards with 22 to 26 microinches and use them rather than reject them.  We really don't have a desired thickness within our 2 to 20 range but if we did it would probably be at the low end (2 to 4) because we don't use IAg as a solderable surface finish; we use the color change from copper color to silver color as an indication that the copper the IAg was plated to is clean and should be solderable.

Regards,
George

George M. Wenger (908)-546-4531
Reliability / FMA Engineer
Base Station and Subsystems Group
Andrew Corporation,  40 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059