TECHNET Archives

November 2004

From:
Leo Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:18:16 -0500
Process Indicators, Oh yes what a dilemma. My suggestions are one, take a
stand, NO TOUCH UP OF PROCESS INDICATORS and
two take the soldering irons away from the people doing the touch up.

This has been a problem for over 40 years and we're still talking about it,
can you believe it?

Any additional heat applied to the board creates cumulative damage to the
laminate, we know that, we've experienced that, and we've trained to that.

What part of NO touchup don't they understand.

Hope this helps. I know it gets me hot under the collar when I hear things
like this and the inspectors are driving the quality, come on engineering do
your jobs.

Regards and thanks for allowing me to let off some steam.

Leo Lambert