LEADFREE Archives

November 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:13:31 -0600
Hi Dolby-Chris, and IPC LF Listservers,

Thanks a lot for giving everyone those web links. I know it takes a bit of
time to do what you gave us and post it.

I was able to open the 2nd link you gave us, yet not the first in the
committee draft reports for both documents.

SO, ANYWAY. What I found as one thing interesting in the NEMI, Circuits
Assembly report, is that even if a component based on package volume and
thickness does not need to be rated at 260C, the component manufacturer
must test one pass at 260C to account for Lead Free rework. This is better
than I expected, and I applaud those that are doing this work for thinking
ahead to the many reworks that occur during assembly, test, rework.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
Y i Engr, MA/NY DDave