LEADFREE Archives

November 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:49:25 -0000
Dear All

ERA is currently concluding a study for the EC TAC committee on RoHS
exemptions. The scope is given in http://www.era.co.uk/news/pr0412.asp. The
study includes flip chips. We have already presented some findings to the
TAC and their hope is to be able to vote on most of these at their meeting
in December.  We will cover this in our occasional newsletter "RFA News"
(http://www.era.co.uk/news/rfa_news.asp to which you can subscribe free
online if you wish) and the DTI will publish informal minutes of the
meeting-hopefully before Christmas on
http://www.dti.gov.uk/sustainability/weee/index.htm#Latest_EU_developments

I hope this is of some help

Regards

Chris

Dr Chris Robertson
Reliability and Failure Analysis, ERA Technology Ltd
Cleeve Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7SA, UK
http://www.era.co.uk/rfa.htm
Tel: +44 (0)1372 36 7204
Fax: +44 (0)1372 36 7134
<><

PS Batteries are not covered by RoHS (see the Batteries Directive) but WEEE
requires removal before shredding