TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tempea, Ioan
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:50:17 -0400
Close the via, to solve the conflict between plugging or covering the via
from the solder side, but also covering the vias that are inside the BGA
land patterns, on the component side. A via covered from both sides will
outgass, throwing caps all over the place and eventually disturbing the BGA
joints.

Why not covering the vias of the BGA only and leave all others open at both
ends? To avoid via-via and via-pad shorts due to wave soldering (we really
have high density here) and to avoid vacuum loss during ICT.

Regards,
Ioan