TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
"Crepeau, Phil (Space Technology)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Crepeau, Phil (Space Technology)
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:10:43 -0700
hi,

this could get ugly.  you say you need to install 'some'.  how many is that?  if it ain't that many, i would think an arbor press would work.  if the sockets extend beyond the bottom of the board, you'll need a backup board with clearances for the sockets drilled into it.  the $11k is beginning to sound more and more attractive.  does this $11k include all the different tools or just one?

are these sockets for some common component like a dip?  if so, maybe your customer would accept a low profile socket made just for that component instead of the individual sockets.

phil