TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
George Patrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:49:16 -0700
Doesn't free speech also apply to Brian?

Free speech is only free as long as everybody has a right to express their
thoughts, including rebuttals of somebody else's thoughts.  The original
poster took advantage of this freedom to express his/her thoughts, so did
Brian, so did you, and so am I.  Democracy in action.

Free speech is not a blanket requirement to be open to ideas expressed, it
is only about the freedom to say what you want, even if it's unpopular.  It
also is not a blanket requirement to publish anybody's thoughts, it is fully
within the rights of the owner of this private list to remove any posts or
users that are in conflict with the rules of the forum, which all of these
posts certainly are.  Freedom of speech is NOT freedom to force everybody to
listen.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.