TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
Le Ai Quoc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Le Ai Quoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:52:45 +0700
J Koo,
But some JPese companies trend to use solder whose melting point is higher
the current one on PCBA to do the thermocouple attachment. They also use
bonding glue. Could you tell me the difference about temperature (oC) when
applied solder and bonding glue? Is it big?
For me, I think the most important thing is that do not let the wires of
thermocouple contact each other except at its tip. Otherwise, the result
will be the average values along the locations where the wires've contacted
each other. It's better to use Kapton tape as the shield attached on PCB
surface and put the bare thermocouple on.
The preferred diameter of thermocouple they are using is 0.05mm. It's very
convenient if you want to do profile for bga balls.
Tks,
Le Ai Quoc