TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:46:45 EDT
Hey Ed!

I know he maybe trying to save money, but daily de-drossing is pretty
standard as far as I know. You've been here at my place, and at least we do  that.

It might be time for a pot change-out. A lot of work, but will reap many
rewards as far as defects are concerned. I assume that they have the pot
analyzed regularly.

It isn't as expensive as one might think, you can re-cycle the solder, but
it is a bit of work. If one takes the advice that Ed once gave me, use "Bakers
Secret" Teflon coated loaf pans, (Get about a dozen of them) you can make
the nicest solder ingots that you have ever seen....I posted a picture of them a
 while back when I drained a 1,800-lb pot of solder all by myself (An
Electrovert  Electra Pot).

For a Trieber, make sure you dis-connect the electrical connections for  the
top fire-rods once the solder goes below them (You don't want them  to start
glowing red), and the same goes for the lower rods...you need to be  quick
about removing the solder.

Ed has shared with me about all the the little "Tricks" what one needs  to do
when doing something as major as changing out the solder in a wave  solder
machine, his advice is sound....he's been there, and done that, countless  times.

Time to change the pot out...

-Steve Gregory-

In a message dated 10/22/2004 7:09:36 PM Central Standard Time,