TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:22:05 +0200
We utilized LCCs many years ago, tempcycled up to 1,000 changes without specific problems. Difficulties to clean 100% underneath was reason to abandon them. Think well balanced boards and fine graded and contaminant free solder joints are an necessity to get longliving products. Precise and repeted solder geometry is also of crucial importance, a fact that was hard to hammer into people's mind. Not to mention the thickness of the solder line. With up to 200 LCCs on a board and several thousands of castellations, you need good control over mentioned factors.

Ingemar Hernefjord
Ericsson Microwave Systems