TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
Le Ai Quoc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Le Ai Quoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:14:14 +0700
Hi Ahne,
PCB card size is 111x101mm with tolerance about +/-0.15mm. The PCB card has
80 small boards connected together via their tabs. Chip 0603mm are on all of
these small boards.
For each small board on card, it has the fiducial mark and we use each this
fiducial mark as reference point for each small board, therefore, with
tolerance +/-0.15mm, it should be no problem because Placer (AX-5) will base
on the fiducial mark and do the offsets.
Worrying that temperature at two ends of part is different during melting of
solder paste, we checked temperature there and the difference of time from
melting point (218oC) is about 1~1.5sec but I have to admit that it is very
difficult to get the correct result during this trial because 0603mm is too
small that we can put the thermocouples (tip twisted by hand) at two ends of
chip very correctly.
We also check the misalignment after part placement on PCBA covered
double-sided tape by 3D Mitutoyo machine, the max misaligment is about
0.07mm.
Printing is nothing to complain about.
Reflow applies nitrogen with setting 1000ppm for Pb-free paste.
Thanks and regards,
L. A. Quoc