TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:56:14 +0200
Interesting topic....
We use RMA paste and clean with an inline Vigon 200 high pressure machine. Standard ion tests are done regularly, and they show a good and low residue level. However,  I have sometimes been wondering what's between the legs. Or balls.
The expected life is 20-30 years for some products, so much can happen under those superBGAs with that time scale, even from small contamination levels.
Anyone who has experience from examining hidden residues?

Winter is nearing...was outdoors yesterday taking pics of the autumn spectra, guess much of northern states are glowing yellow-orange now.

Ingemar Hernefjord
Ericsson Microwave Systems