TECHNET Archives

October 2004

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:56:23 -0700
Stephen,

Conformal coatings will not prevent water vapor from permeating your board.
If you need to bake your boards for 8 hours for them to work you should
test them after coating by
500 to 1000 hours exposure to high humidity (>85%). See ISO 9223 Time of
Wetness chart to
correlate field exposure times to testing time.

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC