LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:19:49 +0100
Sorry you are wrong on point 2, the spares do not have to be bought

before the deadline.

Non compliant spares can be used/sold indefinitely to support product

sold prior to July 2006.

It may also be such that non compliant sub units may be sold to upgrade,

enhance, expand the capabilities of systems sold prior to July 2006.

This is currently needing clarification. It is based on the premise that

it would avoid having to scrap a whole non compliant system.

Regards,

Chris