LEADFREE Archives

October 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:23:40 -0500
Hi Nick (aka UK-DTI-Nick), SMART, Dolby, , , IPC LF Listservers,

Well I am done reading the meeting notes and I am going to break my
questions or comments up into a few notes.

This is the hodge podge, mixture type of a note.

A1> I know you in the UK (via Dolby-Chris) are working towards 10/29.

   Do we in the US have any group in kinship with DTI to give our
   suggestions or bellaches that can input into the EU, EC process.

A2> What exactly is a "civic amenity site"

   I imagine that this is a community group independent of government
   yet I don't know??

A3> TOO Bad you didn't invite some consumer companies to your meeting.

   Nick, DTI, the industry would have received some better answers to
   some of Nick's great questions.

A4> NCH (National Clearing House)
   Is this just a UK kind of a thing, or does each country have one and
   is there an oversite NCH that coordinates for all the countries.

   Note {A funny} (In the US we have a magazine called Reader's Digest
   which uses a similar title to the National Clearing House for a
   promotion they have run. Since using another company's trademark
   or advertising lingo is a legal infringement do we in the USA get
   royalties for every product recycled by the NCH so we can all go on
   Holiday to FRANCE funded by the EU))  {{{ No reply necessary}}}

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave