DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
George Patrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:58:34 -0700
I did a board with 3.5/3.5 trace/space that takes up most of a 12x18
manufacturing panel.  It costs a LOT, though.

It's a matter of economics, the more material they have to scrap to deliver
a good board, the more you are going to pay.  The further you keep your
lines away from the pads, the less dropout you are going to have after etch.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'