TECHNET Archives

September 2004

From:
Gabriela Bogdan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gabriela Bogdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:12:02 +0200
Ramon, Bev, Dave,
Thank you very much.
The leads are tin plated. but I saw them only after soldering. I have to
check if I can get a new component from the same batch- but I can not be
sure that its leadframe will be from the same batch.
But how will we know if we get such components?
Do a solderability test for each batch?
I suppose that the leadfree rush caught a lot of component suppliers
unprepared, and I doubt that they all do tests on the leadframes they order.
Gaby