TECHNET Archives

September 2004

From:
"Randy Bock Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:52:32 -0400
I also have his book and did find his humor a bit hard to take but then
one has to know Earl.  I have never had the pleasure of meeting Earl in
person  but have conversed with him via email a number of times.
Interesting person and probably has forgotten more that I will ever know.

Randy Bock Sr.
Quality Manager
Pitney Bowes
AddressRight Printers
(p) 203 720-3861
(f)  203 729-5397
(email)  [log in to unmask]
Newtown Building 2
203 270-4931  Ext
    8-426-4931  Int

Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
09/01/2004 10:16 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc

Subject
[TN] Of Mice and Moonmen

I  was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity, some time back,  to
review the Moonman's Design for Manufacturability book/CD.  It is,  by
far, the
most concise and readable guide to DFM that I think I have ever  seen.
Earl
has done an exceptional job and I wouldn't hesitate to  recommend that
this book
be included in the technical library of anyone involved  in design or
assembly.

I want to emphasize the "readability" of the document since technically,
it
is very comprehensive.   I know from first-hand experience that there  are
those among us that feel that something can't be humorous and have strong
technical content.  Well, I think they are very wrong. Let's face it,  the
principles and practices in our field can be dry enough to "strike a match
 on" and
anything that can be done to lighten matters up is always welcome.   Earl
has
done that very well.  If you don't like (or don't "get") his  humor, you
can skip
right over it and still mine some great nuggets of technical  knowledge
based
upon years of experience and solid expertise.

Thanks Earl and congrats on a job well done.

Phil Zarrow
ITM Consulting
Durham, NH  USA
_www.ITMconsulting.org_ (http://www.ITMconsulting.org)