TECHNET Archives

September 2004

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:45:09 +0100
Robert

If you need this info to run cleanliness test - urghh I hate that expression
- then as a ROT (Rule Of Thumb) take the square of the board and multiply by
3 - that's both sides plus an allowance for the componentry. Don't forget
you have the surface top AND bottom to account for....

If you are out it will almost certainly be on the low side, and for Ionic
Contamination Testing (there, now I feel better) this might be a good thing
not a bad thing.

What do I mean? Well, if the surface area is lower than reality, then the
result will suggest that there is more contamination per square than there
might be, which in turn means you might improve your cleaning operation to
get the desired result and that cannot be a bad thing - surely? (Empty
Mountain Dew Cans incoming?)
--
Regards Graham Naisbitt

Concoat Limited - Engineering Reliability in Electronics
A British Manufacturer

www.conformalcoating.com      www.concoat.co.uk     www.concoatsystems.com

Golf Quote of the week: Every time I try to tell myself this is going to be
fun today. I try to put myself in a great frame of mind before I go out -
then screw it up with the first shot!

Cell: 079 6858 2121
Office: +44 (0)1252 813706