TECHNET Archives

September 2004

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:45:50 -0700
Bill,

There is a possible exception to this blanket "ok to use leaded solder"
statement.
There are possible issues when using SAC/lead-free BGAs or solder bumps.

These need to be liquefied which means higher temperatures, different
fluxes, profile changes, ect...
 You are into a lead-free "build" with leaded solder so very careful
qualification/testing is needed.

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC